I did this at midseason, so it would be silly not to do it again, right?
1. IOWA CITY HIGH (9-0) – Faces Davenport Assumption in one of five MVC-MAC intersectional matchups. Chalk this one up in the win column for the MVC. Handily.
2. CEDAR RAPIDS WASHINGTON (8-1) – This one too. Warriors survived nicely without Keenan Davis. Now he’s back. Don’t discount Washington from the 4A title picture.
3. SOLON (9-0) – Win streak is 22 games. Spartans should win Class 2A state title. I think they’d win 3A and would compete well in 4A.
4. CEDAR RAPIDS PRAIRIE (6-3) – Hawks get the nod in the 4-through-6 race based on head-to-head. Now, can Coach Jelinek win a postseason game?
5. CEDAR RAPIDS XAVIER (6-3) – Saints were ugly in their opener and ugly in their finale. In between, they were very good.
6. CEDAR RAPIDS KENNEDY (6-3) – They won two. They lost three. They won four. They still haven’t beaten a quality opponent. A victory Wednesday at Xavier would suffice.
7. DECORAH (9-0) – If I’m putting together a 3A bracket for an office pool (not endorsing gambling, of course), I’m creating a Decorah-Sioux City Heelan final.
8. MARION (8-1) – Tony Perkins is a tad snakebitten in the postseason. West Delaware won’t be an easy substate matchup.
9. WILLIAMSBURG (8-1) – Raiders are my dark horse to reach the 3A semifinals behind the legs of Ross Doehrmann.
10. MID-PRAIRIE (8-1) – Golden Hawks dropped a two-pointer to Williamsburg in their opener, then plowed the competition in their district. Potential second-rounder with Iowa City Regina could be a dandy.